Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It has been a busy stretch for all of us here at Amherstview. We had the Pig Roast on Saturday and yesterday had the Tom Turkey. The ladies all seemed to have fun but it would of been that much better of a day if the rain had of held off. Still though, the ladies went out and played and really seemed to enjoy themselves.

At the beginning of last week, the golf course hosted the Tommy Atkins Kingston City Junior Championship. Each and every year Julia and Dave Jackson do a great job in running the tournament and this year was a great success. The winner of this years event was Kyle Benford. He was a former member and used that to his advantage as he never seemed to have a problem finding his way around the course. Congrats to him and runner-up Zac O'Neil.
I have been friends with Kyle for sometime and I wish him all the luck in the world as he heads off next week for his first year of collegiate golf at Detroit-Mercy University.

I had said in my previous post that I was going to turn professional after the Pig Roast. After thinking it over and getting a lot of insight from others, I have decided to postpone those plans in order to play in the Men's City Championship. I have not had a chance with school to play in the Men's City since 2004. It is a great tournament and looking forward to it. The qualifier is at Loyalist on September 4th, 1st & 2nd round matches at Garrison on September 5th, Semi-finals at Cataraqui on September 11th and the Finals will be here at Amherstview on September 12th.

So after the Men's City Championships, I will turn pro and play in the last 2 events on the Great Lakes Tour on Tuesday September 21st and Tuesday September 28th. The next few weeks will be very exciting for myself and I am looking forward to beginning the next chapter in my life. I will find a job in town for the fall and winter while also taking some time to go down south and work on my game and possibly play in some tournaments.

Once the golf season is over I am going to sit down and come up with ideas on how I am going to raise some money in order to finance the tournaments I want to play in. I will be sure to keep everyone updated with my plans.

For now, I am continuing to work hard in the pro-shop and on my golf game. Looking forward to the rest of the golf season, as it already has been a great summer here at Amherstview Golf Club.

Take Care,

RK

No comments:

Post a Comment