Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hey Everyone,

It has been a tough month to say the least. I was not putting 100% into my game when I did have a chance to practice/play. I was giving golf the attention is deserved.

I had some time to sit back and think about golf and realized how I had to jump back into it. I have so much talent and have worked so hard to get to the point I am at today. I have been working hard for the past 4 days and I am so happy with where my game is at even after the layoff.

I played Cataraqui on Friday as a tune-up for the Whig Standard which will be played on August 7th. I played the best game I ever had over there, a bogey free 65. I had a clear mind for every shot and was relaxed. I just let it happen. I was in the zone during the round and it has been awhile since I was that focused on the golf course.

It felt great to shoot a round like that and get the confidence level back up. Especially considering I will be leaving for Indiana, PA tomorrow and on Wednesday will try to qualify for the US Amateur. I am looking forward to it and just need to play within myself and hope for the best.

Thank you for the continued support and hopefully will give everyone an update on on how I played following play on Wednesday.

Until I am back, take care.

Ryan

P.S- Just to let everyone know. After carefully thinking over it, I have finally decided that I will turn professional on Saturday August 21st after the Pig Roast. My first tournament as a professional will be the Canadian Tour Q-School at the start of September at Hidden Lakes Golf Club in Burlington, Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment