Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hey Everyone,

It has been business as usual at the golf club for the last couple of weeks. The weather has been good until this past week, so hoping that this is not an indicator that the golf season is going to come to a end earlier then expected.

This past Monday was the last night for the Molson Monday Night Men's League. Congratulations to Progress Fitness for winning the championship.

The golf course is in great condition right now. It is probably in the best shape I have seen it in the last couple of years. With the watering system working 100% this summer, the grounds crew has kept it in good shape even when the temperatures were close to 40 degrees with the humidity.

As most people know I played well this past weekend in the Men's City Championship and the semi-finals are at Cataraqui on Saturday. I tee-off at 12:37pm. I play Echo Chan of the Landings and looking forward to this match. I am playing well right now and with a day off tomorrow I am going to put in a hard day of practice and play. The finals will be played on Sunday at Amherstview at 8:00am. If all goes according to plan I will be able to play the final match on a course that I am obviously comfortable on.

As I said in my last post, the last couple of weeks have been very exciting. With the day I am going to turn pro quickly approaching, I wake up everyday with a smile on my face. Since I last made it public that I was turning pro, I have been practicing, playing and working out as if I am already a professional.

As of right now I have 2 tournaments set up for myself. I am playing on Tuesday September 21st at Wooden Sticks GC and Monday September 27th at Eagles Nest GC. Both of these tournaments are sanctioned by the Great Lakes Tour. After those tournaments, I do not have anything else set up as of now but I am sure I will play in a couple of events on the Hooters Tour out of the Myrtle Beach, SC area in November and December.

I know I have said it a lot but I am so grateful and appreciative of the support of all the members of Amherstview Golf Club. I would also like to thank Carolyn and Joe for letting me play and practice at the club while also allowing me to work around my playing schedule.

As for now, I am going to relax this evening and get up tomorrow and ready to get after it!

Look back this weekend for updates on Men's City.

Take Care,

RK

No comments:

Post a Comment