Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Evening Everyone,

Today was the 1st round of the Canadian Tour Qualifying School.

The day started off early when my alarm went off at 5:30am. I was out of the house by 6:20am and on my way to the golf course. I was the first to arrive at the golf course at 6:45am. It was still dark outside and there was heavy fog in the air.

Because of the darkness and the fog, my warm-up session was kind of rushed but when I stepped on the 1st tee I was calm and confident.

On the front 9 I struggled with my driver and did not give myself good opportunities to go at flagsticks and give myself birdie putts. I finished the front 9 with 38 but knew that in my next 9 holes I had lots of birdie chances.

I missed a putt on 10 but my luck changed when I holed a bunker shot on 11 for birdie. From there I played solid golf. I did leave some shots out there on the back 9 but 35 was a good way to bounce back from the 38. I finished the day with a 73.

At the end of the day that 73 put me in a tie for 11th. I am happy with my start and the opportunity I have infront of me the next 3 days. Anything can happen and only being 4 out of the lead, I know that I can learn from my mistakes today and hopefully my scores get better each day.

My 2nd round tee-time is 9:30am. I am going to get to bed here very shortley.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Talk to everyone tomorrow evening.

Take Care,

Ryan

P.S- The link to the Canadian Tour website can be found under "My Achievements" on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment