Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hello Everyone,

So I got to Myrtle Beach, SC yesterday around 5pm. I left Indiana, PA at 6:00am, it took me 11 hours to drive. I was happy when I finally pulled up to the condo but to be honest I was not tired at all from the driving.

I got settled in, called my parents and then headed to Walmart in Conway, SC to get some groceries. Got back to the condo around 8pm and then just laid in bed watching television and talking to family and friends on my computer.

After getting a good nights sleep I woke up and was looking forward to the day. The first thing I had to do was to find a golf club where I could practice and play full time. I first went to Arrowhead Country Club which is 2 minutes up the road but they are over seeding right now so the range and course is a little soft. Next I went to Legends and talked to the Assistant Pro. His name was Ian and he said that whenever he is working that I can practice there for free. Playing was going to be $40 a round but could get better once they are into there winter rates starting November 1st. Still though, $40 to play Legends is pretty good but I will probably wait to play there until after my first tournament.

I practiced for about 2 hours and then came back to the condo for some lunch. I had some lunch and watched a little bit of the Nationwide Tour Championship on the Golf Channel. After lunch, I packed up the car and headed to Myrtlewood Golf Club. I played a lot there as a kid when I would go on vacation with my parents and stay at the Breakers. It was not that busy as they were supposed to over seed as well but with the rain showers they couldn't. After talking to the Pro he basically said the same thing as right now they are in there fall rates and $39 was the best he could do. He suggested I go to Grand Dunes Golf Club and talk to the Pro. I went there and he said I could hit unlimited range balls and use the other facilities for $10 a day but playing the course was going to be $50. The facilities there are incredible and will take him up on his offer whenever Ian is not working at Legends. I got back in the car and headed back to Myrtlewood. I asked in the pro-shop if I could play 9 holes and it was not a problem (they charged me a cart fee). I warmed up for 15 minutes and went out to play. I hit 6/7 fairways, 8/9 greens and had 15 putts en route to a 2 under front nine. I was very happy with my ball striking and I could of been lower but it was tough to get used to the speed of the greens (they are a lot slower then Indiana Country Club). Can't wait to get back at it tomorrow.

My evening ended by going to Martins to look around and then a walk around Broadway on the Beach with a coffee. It was a beautiful night to relax and just enjoy myself.
I came back to the condo and made some dinner and I am currently just sitting here watching television.

Tomorrow I plan on going to a couple other golf clubs to talk to the Pros. Hopefully will get another great day of practice and play in. As for Saturday, I am going to drive to River Hills Country Club where my first tournament is and play. I get a practice round there on Monday but the more I can see the course, the better advantage I will have on the field.

I will post again this weekend. Hopefully add a video!

Take Care,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment