Where has the month of June gone?
The end of the school year for the junior members is fast approaching. They will begin to be at the golf course more often practicing and playing.
This summer the Junior Fun Days will take place on Thursday morning. Each will be 9 holes and a different format will be used each week. I have already come up with the formats and they can be found on the junior board located outside of the locker rooms.
Also starting at the end of the month is another season of the K-Rock St.Lawrence Junior Tour. All of the information for the tour is also located on the junior board and sign-ups will be in the pro-shop. Tee-times for the tour can also be found on the tour's website at; http://www.juniorgolfers.ca/.
I can remember when I was a junior and how beneficial both the Junior Fun Days and the St.Lawrence Tour were to giving me experience playing tournament golf. I had a lot of fun and also met friends. All of our juniors members are playing at Amherstview for one reason, to get better!
I am looking forward to running the Junior program this summer, getting to know each and every junior and occasionally practicing and or playing with a few of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment