Over the last 2 weeks since I arrived home from the Division II National Championship I have been asked by many individuals what the next step will be for myself.
I will start with what is the next step in my golfing future. As of right now I am signed up to play in the following tournaments for the remainder of the summer;
Tuesday June 22nd: Champion of Champions at Loyalist Golf & Country Club
Monday June 28th: Porter Cup Qualifier at Niagara Falls Country Club
Monday July 5th to Friday July 9th: Investors Group Ontario Amateur at Idylwylde Golf & Country Club
Wednesday August 4th: U.S Amateur Qualifier at Indiana Country Club
I will play in additional 3 golf tournaments if I qualify for the Porter Cup, the Canadian Amateur and the U.S Amateur.
I played the Porter cup qualifier last summer and remember all of the holes. I get one practice round before the tournament so I should be comfortable and full of confidence to go out and shoot a low number. To qualify for the Canadian Amateur I will have to make the cut at the Ontario Amateur and place in the top 60. I am also extremely excited to be playing the U.S Amateur qualifier at Indiana Country Club where I got to play everyday while in school at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. It will be good to be back in town and be able to catch up with some good friends.
If I do qualify for the Canadian Amateur then as of right now that will be my last tournament as an amateur. I plan on turning professional and doing the Canadian Tour Fall Qualifying. After this tournament though it is all up in the air. It will depend on finances to weather or not I play mini tours in the fall and winter down south.
Thank you, to everyone over the years who have supported me and followed my golf career. It is greatly appreciated and it is good to know I have so many people behind me.
All the best,
Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment